We are currently seeking a Store Manager to become a part of our team at our Kenmount Rd location.
The main responsibilities of the Store Manager are:
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Store Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication
We are a locally owned retailer of quality drapery, bedding, furniture, home decor products and interior decorating services. With 2 locations and over 17 years of operations, we are currently seeking Interior Decorators/Sales Consultants for our St. John’s and Grand Falls-Windsor locations.
We offer: competitive salary, flexible scheduling, training and staff discounts. In return, you will offer: multiple years of sales and decorating experience with a proven track record and a dedication to customer service. An interior decorating certificate would be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Retail Sales: 5 years
If you are interested, please apply in person at one of our locations